DRY RED PRESS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice has been amended to comply with the EU GDPR. It describes how your personal information is collected, used, and shared when you visit or make a purchase from www.dryredpress.com (our website,) or become a customer by placing an order with us outside of the website, sign up to our newsletter or become one of our suppliers.
WHO ARE WE?
- We are Dry Red Press, an art greeting card publisher based in the UK. Our contact details are listed at the bottom of this Privacy Notice. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding this policy.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
- We collect personal data provided by you through any of the following;
- When you visit our website we collect information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
- Additionally, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website and information about how you interact with our website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”. This information is collected using cookies, log files etc. For further information about these technologies, please contact us and we will provide you with more in-depth information.
- When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase, online or offline, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number). We refer to this information as “Order Information”
- If you are one of our sales agents or artists, we collect your personal information information (Personal Information) in order to write and/or fulfil our contract with you.
- When we talk about “Personal Information” in this Privacy Notice, we are talking both about Device Information and Order Information.
- When you sign up for our newsletter we collect your name and email address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of one of our newsletter emails.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We use the Order Information that we collect to fulfil any orders placed by you (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). The legal basis for this processing is to fulfil our contract, i.e. to supply you with the products you have ordered or information you have asked for.
- Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- Non-trade customers: if you opt in to receiving our newsletter, we will use this consent to provide you with information relating to our products or services;
- Trade customers: we use legitimate interest as our lawful ground to keep our existing trade customers informed on our latest news including new products and discount offers. You can easily opt out of this, please see below.
- Artists and agents: we use your personal data in order to fulfil our contract with you and to communicate with you.
HOW CAN YOU OPT OUT?
- If after opting in you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
Dry Red Press, Metway Studios, 55 Canning St Brighton, BN2 0EF, UK
- To unsubscribe from our newsletter emails just click the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
WHEN DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH A THIRD PARTY?
- We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. This includes delivery companies, our warehouse, processing orders in our accounting system etc.
- We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Mailchimp to send you our newsletters and their partners SurveyMonkey to occasionally send out surveys in order to improve our service to you.
- Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- The third party processors we use are all well-established businesses who comply with GDPR. For further information on their compliance, please contact us.
WHAT ABOUT ‘DO NOT TRACK’?
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS TO THE DATA WE HOLD?
- If you are a European resident, you have the right to access any personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
- You have the right to know how we use your data (listed in this privacy notice).
- You have the right to opt out of receiving our newsletter or marketing at any time.
- You have the right to stop any harmful use of your data. Please note we will never use any of your data in a harmful way.
- If you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you place an order), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
- Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
HOW LONG WILL WE HOLD ON TO YOUR DATA?
- When you place an order with us, sign up to our newsletter or start working with us as an artist or agent, we will maintain your Personal Information and/or Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
MIGHT THERE BE CHANGES?
- We may update this privacy notice from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.
HOW ABOUT CHILDREN?
- Our website is only intended for the use of adults over the age of 16 and should not be used by children. We will not knowingly collect any data from children under the age of 16.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A COMPLAINT?
You have the right to make a complaint about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner's Office
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
- For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
55 Canning Street
Tel: +44 (0)1273 241210